Jazz Loves Disney Album Review
Review by Lauren
Source: This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.
I'm a huge fan of Disney music. I love all of the original songs, but I also really love when new adaptations of these classics are released. I grew up with Disney films, and their iconic music, and I'm so excited to see that my oldest niece and nephew are already finding joy in these films! I know they were both quite obsessed with Frozen for awhile, and the song "Let It Go" is even redone in Jazz style on this new album Jazz Loves Disney.
I thought I'd break down the album a bit and share my thoughts on some of the songs:
“I Wanna Be Like You” by The Hot Sardines. It’s sung in French, which just adds a little extra to the jazz version. It’s fun to listen too! Some background vocals come in near the end and these are in English.
“He’s a Tramp” by Melody Gardot just has the lyrics that seems to work well with Jazz, so this was a nice rendition. Definitely a favorite!
“Let It Go” by Anna Sila- I love this song from the film Frozen. This version didn’t quite pair up to the original sung by Idina Menzel, but it felt a bit easier to sing along too, so that's nice.
“You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Hugh Coltman. I think the original already had a bit of a jazz feel, so it doesn’t sound all that different, to be honest. However, it's a great song and I loved Coltman's version. Another favorite for sure!
“A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” by The Rob Mounsey Orchestra. This is a nice relaxing take on the song. There are no lyrics though; just the music.
“Everybody Wants to Be a Cat” by Jamie Cullum. I think this is the fastest paced song on the album and it’s one of my favorites. It makes you want to get up and dance!
There were more songs that were just music or sung in a different language than I realized. While I did enjoy this overall, it would have been nice to have more of the original songs just done in a jazz style. Overall, I did enjoy this collection. I’m a big fan of Disney music so it was great to have another collection of songs that do a different take on the originals. I think this would be a nice way to introduce a younger audience to the Jazz style, since they will recognize most of the songs/music!
1. Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
Buy Your Own Copy: