Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Currently...January 2017

I'm linking up at In Residence

Gathering: My friends together. I try and see as many friends as I can around the holiday season, and that hasn't ended yet. It's nice to see people I haven't seen in awhile. Plus, a friend of mine is moving soon for a job and I don't know when we'll get to see him once he is gone, so a few of us went bowling New Year's Eve and we hope to get together at least one more time to properly say goodbye.

Making: Does working on my planner count? I think of it a bit like a scrapbook/journal for the year, so I think it suits making. This is the first year I've gotten a nicer planner, after seeing so many bloggers post photos of theirs. It's really nice so far, as I have places for blog stuff AND everyday life information. I just need to work on decorating it more, making it more exciting.

Sipping: I'm actually drinking chocolate milk right now. I'm a bit obsessed with it, but I hope to start a program to help get me healthier, so I'll be focusing more on water and shakes in the future - if all works out! *fingers crossed* For now, I'll indulge a bit!

Following: The new season of Sherlock. This past Sunday was the first episode of fourth season. If you watched it and want to chat about it, I'm hosting a chat this Friday, January 6th at 8 p.m. EST. Just use #Sherlocksback17 to find all the other chatters! Anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode. It wasn't quite what I expected, but still enjoyable and I was shocked by the end! I can't wait for the next two episodes.

Resolving: To focus more on my word of 2017 than having set goals for the things I want to accomplish this year. Instead, I'll continue to "persevere" and work toward accomplishing the things I want. It might not all happen this year, but I hope to go in the right direction!


I'm also linking this post up at Going the Distance for-

19 comments:

Kindlemom said...

I was super shocked at the ending of Sherlock to, I mean, what the what! Loved it though and can't wait for more!

Stephanie said...

I love planners. Which one did you get?

mypixieblog said...

I love Currently posts :) They are my favorite--I feel as though it always gives me a behind-the-scenes look at some of my favorite bloggers. Working on your planner totally counts! I just got a Simplified Planner and it's working out really well so far. Will have to keep an eye out for Sherlock--there are so many great shows out lately and it's cold out there, so a perfect time of year to hunker down and binge watch :)

XOXO

Whitney said...

What kind of planner did you get? I'm planner obsessed!

AngelErin said...

I can't wait to watch the newest season of Sherlock! I think I'll have to wait till it's on Netflix though since already missed episodes.

NY Foodie Family said...

I had no idea Sherlock was back on! My husband was really into the show and got me into it, but we watched it all on Netflix. Decorating a planner totally counts as making. I love (and live by) my planner. I don't spend a lot of time decorating it though. I'm trying to avoid an expensive habit! LOL.

Claudia Arroyo said...

Lauren! I’ve missed you! I hope you had a magical holiday season with your friends and family <3

I actually just purchased a physical planner for 2017! I’d say yes it counts as “making” something if you are actually decorating it. My planner is a Sanrio Surprise weekly/monthly planner, so I don’t think I need to decorate it much, it’s already super cute.

I’m super excited about Sherlock! I really want to go back and see the last couple of episodes in season 3 before jumping into season 4.

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Yes! on the planner! Of course it counts. lol I love working on mine and the scrapbooking feel to it :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am glad to see that are resolved to your goals! Good for you!

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

I'm kind of happy to be back at work to utilize a planner more! Cheers to 2017 and thanks for sharing and linking up today! xo

Anne said...

Somehow my DVR didn't record the new Sherlock episode - I need to track it down! I listen to the Masterpiece podcast and the episode where they talked to the actress who plays Molly got me all excited for the new season.

I love your word for the year! And thanks for linking up :)

The Bibliophile Babe said...

Fab goals! I need to get myself a planner...

Diva Booknerd said...

I'm still contemplating a planner this year. I bought several for last year and they all just sat there unused. What wonderful goals Lauren, I love that rather than setting goals you'll be persevering instead. It sounds much more positive and achievable. I never set resolutions anymore because by the end of January, I just can't follow them through.

Jennifer Humphries said...

Sherlock gutted me! Nooooo! I hope it's all just a set-up, cause I almost rage quit on Sunday night!

Lampshade Reader said...

I'm so behind on Sherlock, but at least I'll know that there are many episodes to look forward to. :) ~Aleen

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Oh, Sherlock! I'm so happy the show is back!

MomHomeGuide.com said...

I haven't followed the blogging trend yet of putting a really nice planner together. Hope you get a great planner that you like!

Suzanne at The Bookish Libra said...

I think working on your planner should definitely count as there's a lot of work involved in setting one up and customizing to suit your needs. I want to do one this year too (if I can ever decide how to set it up - I'm hopelessly indecisive about it).

Karen Alderman said...

We're wrapping up a kitchen remodel this month (I hope!) and then I can get back to my regularly scheduled life lol

Happy January Lauren!

Karen @For What It's Worth