After a really long January, it's crazy to me that February seems to be moving so quick. I'm not complaining though! It just means one step closer to some slightly warmer weather. I'm all about sitting on the front porch and reading a book. I can't really do that right now though. Anyway, I'm here today to talk about 5 things from the previous week that I'm loving!
1. Leave a Mark Auctions are back for 2017 and the second auction of the year ends tonight at 9 p.m. EST. I'm really proud of these auctions, and I'm so thankful for all the people that bid and spread the word and generally help support me and the authors! If you don't know, these auctions are where authors mark up (or annotate) one of their books OR someone else with fame (musician, TV star, etc.) marks up their favorite book.
Once this is complete, we auction the books off! Sometimes I choose the charity and the author agrees or I let the author choose their own charity. People bid and the highest bidder at the end donates the money, sends me proof, and the book is mailed out! It helps raise money for some great charities and the lucky winners out there get a one-of-a-kind book. By the way, annotate/mark up means they write notes in the margins. Know an author or other famous face that might want to help? Get in touch!
The current auction is for Without Trace by Simon Booker. It ends tonight at 9 p.m. EST and I'll mail this one international so ANYONE can bid/donate! Oh, and follow the blog so you are up to date on future auctions and even some fun giveaways in the works!
2. It's been 20 years since the first Harry Potter book came out and in honor of that, they are re-releasing Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (the British version of the first book) in all the house colors. The photo above are all the hardback covers, but they will have paperback ones too. I am so excited about this! You can pre-order now, and for those of who do not live in Europe, you can pre-order via The Book Depository. I think I need to pre-order a book each month - when I have the money. I'm definitely getting all the hardback ones and I'd love the paperback too at some point. The books are coming out June 1, 2017. I can't wait! Who else is excited? If you had to choose ONE house, what would it be? I'm going with Slytherin!
3. I found the picture above online, but it's basically what my new crock pot looks like! I've only made one meal in it so far since I just got it this past Saturday, but I love it. The sides where you close it are very handy and keeps the lid from moving. Plus, it's just really cute. Hey, I can think my crock pot is cute, okay! Anyway, I'm doing a weight loss program through my local hospital and the recipe I made is one they gave me. I think this will really come in handy since I'm having to do a lot of meal planning to make sure I'm eating the right things. I'll be doing a post on my journey thus far if you're interested - should be up soon-ish! You can get a similar crock pot on Amazon here (I'm an affiliate; I get a small percent of any sale)
4. The TV show Speechless is one that I must watch every week. I don't regularly watch a lot of TV, but I absolutely love this half-hour comedy. I highly recommend it if you aren't already watching. This Wednesday was their Valentine's Day episode and it was great, especially the story line between the mom and dad. Too adorable!
5. Finally, my happy planner! The photo above is the exact planner that I have. It's a Michael's Create 365 Happy Planner and I just love it. I spent some of this past Sunday working on mine alongside my sister (she has a different planner). I've always used planners in the past but this is the first year I got a large planner that would fit all my everyday life notes as well as blog information. I'm loving that I can decorate and have fun with it too. I'm not amazing at it, like some other people, but it doesn't matter. It's creative and fun. I might do a post sometime soon showing off some of my pages and just talking about how I use my planner. Would you be interested?
And that's it for my Friday post! I hope you enjoyed. I'll try and do these every week if I can, because it's fun to look back on the week and see what you loved or what made you happy!
Have a great weekend (and if you comment on my blog, I'll visit your blog and comment!),
Today I'm linking up at the following places:
Friday Favorites- http://meetat-thebarre.com/
High Five for Friday- http://www.ktcupoftea.com/Friday Favorites- http://tabanderika.blogspot.com/
Oh Hey, Friday- http://www.farmerswifeamy.com/
Five on Friday- http://www.northcarolinacharm.com/