Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Show Us Your Books: A Nice Mix of Genres

Linking up with Jana and Steph today to show off all my book reviews from the past month! 




First off, I wanted to let you know that I have an auction going on for an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. I know there are many fans of her work out there, so think about bidding. All the money will benefit the wonderful charity First Book. It ends this Sunday, March 19 at 9 p.m. EST!




And now, let's get to all the books I read/reviewed since my previous Show Us Your Books post! I hope you find something that intrigues you - let me know in the comments! Also, I'm an amazon affiliate, so I'll include links for you to buy the various books - every sale gives me a small percent.

Loved These!!




River Road by Carol Goodman - book review 

Interested? Check out the book here! Check it out as an e-book here!










Peter Darling by Austin Chant - book review 

Interested? Check out the book here










The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir by Thi Bui - book review

Want to read? Check it out here 









Working It by Christine D'Abo - book review

Want to read? Check it out on Amazon








Guarding Mr. Fine by HelenKay Dimon - book review 

Check out the Tough Love series on Amazon: 

Mr. and Mr. Smith - check it out
The Talented Mr. Rivers - check it out
Guarding Mr. Fine - check it out 



Liked These!!




Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley - book review

Interested? Check it out on Amazon 









When Did 30 Become a Big Deal? by Alessandra Ebulu - book review

Interested? Check it out on Amazon here










Honey Girl: The Hawaiian Monk Seal by Jeanne Walker Harvey - book review

Interested? Check it out on Amazon here








Block and Strike by Kelly Jensen - book review

Want to check it out on Amazon?






Secret Coders: Secrets and Sequences by Gene Luen Yang and Mike Holmes - book review

Interested in the series? The review above is the third book in the graphic novel series:

Secret Coders - Book 1

Secret Coders - Book 2

Secret Coders - Book 3


Meh Books!!




Sound Proof by C.A. Blocke - book review 

If you're interested, though, you can check it out on Amazon


29 comments:

Diva Booknerd said...

I'm really looking forward to reading Our Own Private Universe too Lauren and so glad you enjoyed it. I didn't have much luck with her previous read as I found it confusing and couldn't get into it. Totally agree with your review and it's great to see bisexuality being included within LGBT+ YA now, it's so important for teens approaching sexuality to find characters to relate to and it sounds wonderful <3

Lexxie Lin said...

It's true that you've read books across a nice selection of genres lately, Lauren! Well done!

There are some I might be interested in... after I finish the huge pile on my kindle :)

Have a terrific Tuesday and happy reading.

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Elle Sees said...

This is great bc I've never heard of any of these!! Thanks for doing the hard work for us.

Erika Sorocco said...

I'll have to check out some of these titles!

xx

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I enjoyed River Road when I read it. I just grabbed Goodman's latest book. Glad you made some progress on your shelf.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

You've sent me down a Carol Goodman rabbit hole on Goodreads!

Tanya Atkinson said...

Love how you read and review such a variety of books!

DMS said...

Looks like you have been reading a nice mix of books. I love a good graphic novel, so I hope to check out Secret Coders. Peters Darling looks interesting too. Thanks for sharing. :) ~Jess

Kathy Reads Fiction said...

That really is a nice mix of genres. Peter Darling and The Best We Could Do are new to me but look like a good fit for me. I'll check my library for them. Thanks for the recommendations! And that is great about the auction. I love most of Picoult's books I've read.

Laura Darling said...

I read River Road this summer and really liked it! Definitely adding some of these others to my list!

Gingi Freeman said...

I need to start reading more fiction, everything has been all history and serious with me recently... - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Greg said...

River Road- I recognize Carol Goodman I read a book by her a couple years ago, I think. And Our Own Private Universe looks like it might be good too!

The Bibliophile Babe said...

Guarding Mr. Fine looks good!

Cait @ Paper Fury said...

I loved Peter Darling!! It was so nice and sweet and my only complaint is that it was too short and I wanted more.😂 And that's AWESOME you got a autographed Jodi Picoult book!! CONGRATS!!

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

River Road is one I have seen such good things about. Our Own Private Universe is one I want to get to as well.

Cindy Servatt said...

What a nice collection! I read The Leaving Time and absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

I haven't read a Jodi P. in quite sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Humphries said...

My sister actually gave me a copy of the new Jodi Picoult book and of course it is on my night stand, but it will be read soon! Can't wait!

kimbacaffeinate said...

River Road looks good. Picoult always makes me cry. LOL

Simply Alexandra // My Favorite Things said...

I'm so intrigued by The Best We Could Do! It sounds moving. Xo - Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

Charlotte Klein said...

I've learned that you have incredible taste in books so will bookmark this to make a few library requests :) thank you!!

Jana @ Jana Says said...

River Road sounds like my kind of book! Off to add it to ye ol' TBR!

RO said...

We have a lot in common because I love to mix my genres up to keep things interesting, and to avoid burnout from way too many books. You have a really good selection to choose from. I see you're also an influencer over at She Knows. - Yay!Thanks for sharing the book titles and happy Wednesday! Hugs...

Lr Jamison said...

I really need to get back into reading and some of these sound interesting. I love the auction and how beneficial it is!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Peter Darling looks so interesting!

Christine Caplan said...

What a great selection - I love reading through book reviews as I feel like I always read about my niche (dogs) and I really need some good fiction. Thanks for this!

Audrey Louise said...

Some of these sound really intriguing. My husband just turned 30 so that book definitely caught my eye! Lol

Bethie The Boo said...

I love seeing book lists, it gives me ideas of things I'd like to read, I'm trying to step up my reading game this year!
Beth
http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

Galit Breen said...

Oooh love this list so much! I am always looking for my next greta read--so thank you for all of the suggestions!

P.S. I just started Jodi Piccoult's "Lone Wolf"—I really do love her books so much, it was fun seeing your post kick off with a note about her + her books!!